Account Executive in Lorton, VA
Full-Time :: Entry-Level Career Position :: $50k salary + benefits
The position begins with a training program where you will be partnered up with a top sales rep for one year. During this time, you will learn the ins and outs of each product and service offered by the company and become familiar with your sales territory. Your mentor will help you develop a sales plan appropriate to your skill level and assigned geographic area.
You will work to retain current customers in the territory, develop new ones and meet your sales goals. The pay for the training period is a yearly salary of $50K including benefits. Following the conclusion of the training program, your pay is based solely on your commission. Rest assured - the sales rep won't cut your leash (or your salary) until your commissions from current clients puts you around the $50K mark. After that, the sky is the limit and account executives enjoy uncapped commissions from their sales. Their program offers a hefty investment in the right salesperson and gives them the opportunity to mold a true sales career.
* Provide customers with superior sales service in both an inside and outside sales capacity
* Perform tasks consistent with the entire sales cycle
* Retain current customers and develop new ones in the assigned territory
* Maintain up-to-date records on new and current customer contacts.
* Analyze activity and produce activity reports.
* Educate customers about product options.
* Ensure prompt follow-up to customer inquiries.
* Expand product category sales by utilizing vertical marketing strategies for account penetration.
* Coordinate with customer service, delivery, warehouse, accounting and sales management to facilitate a superior experience for customers.
* Collect data on and advise sales management on customer needs and office products competition.
* Assist accounts receivable with collecting money on past due accounts.
Skills and Attributes Required
* Keen interest in and, ideally, a proven track record in sales. It's OK if you don't have experience, but be prepared to describe what makes you sales-oriented.
* Outgoing and energetic. When you walk into a room, people should know you've arrived. If you're at a networking event, you're not satisfied until you've introduced yourself to everyone there. You have problem cold calling strangers to pitch them on your company and you can brush off rejection with ease and move on to the next opportunity.
* Money-motivated and competitive. Play sports in school? Great, we love that need-to-win mindset. Were you active in or start any organizations while in school? Perfect, we need a type A personality.
* Effective listening and communication skills, both written and spoken.
* Goal-oriented. Meet the quota? No, you want surpass it.
* Strong time management and organizational skills. Consistent follow-up and communication with clients and leads is key.
* Highly self-motivated. Our sales team is competitive bunch - everyone wants to be at the top.
About the Company
The second-largest independent, and the largest woman-owned, office products dealership in the area (take that Staples!), this company has been around since 1971 and has over 100 employees nationwide. The company provides a range of office products, supplies and services to clients including nonprofit, commercial and government customers.
Click here to apply